Monday, November 28, 2016

Holiday Pics & Christmas Wish Lists

Kick off to my favorite season started with us canceling Thanksgiving and me in bed with mastitis. I don't know why it affects me so bad but man its horrible. I literally laid in bed all day freezing, sweating & miserable. SOOO Thanksgiving was canceled, the big kids got to have Turkey at Grandma's and we are moving on to the next holiday!!! Have you read the post circulating around Social Media something like "Why my kids don't need gifts for Christmas?" It's so RIGHT ON. Our house is bursting with every super hero, barbie, toy food, kitchen, castle that exists. My kids are so inundated with toys they don't even know what to play with. No magical art of decluttering going on over here. As much as I LOVE STUFF (confessions of a shopaholic) I'd much rather be out and about making memories. Here's a  list of some memories we would love to make.
A day at the Zoo!!
Tickets to the Columbus Children's Theater!!!!
Indoor play place gift cards. We love Firefly &  Peapod.
Build A Bear  (We try & go every Valentines Day).
Swim/Tumbling/Martial Arts Lessons 
Paint Your Own Pottery
Museum Passes
A Day at COSI
Tickets  to a sporting event. Clippers, Crew, Blue Jackets etc.
There's always that one person who CAN NOT get on board with the gift card/gift certificate.  Our  Nana, she must buy them a toy to have under the tree, she' s a traditionalist like that. Honestly Damon is kind of the same way (even though he threatens to throw all the kids toys away on a daily basis). He likes to have STUFF under the tree.

For the Little Babies,  I've literally bought nothing unless you count the personalized  First Christmas ornaments I traditionally buy each kiddo. This year I got Wyatt & Grayson's from The Vintage Pearl. 
I have always wanted the Fisher Price record player. I even had it on Mia's very 1st Christmas List. Not sure why I never bought it?
How about making them an All About My First Book from Shutterfly?
Another cute option I want to try is this personalized Memory game.
Books are a great option too!! I've gotten Mia & Wes each their own copy of Wherever You Are by Nancy Tilman. It makes me choke up every time I read it & I hope one day they will read it with their babies.
Teething sucks so, Merry Christmas here are some adorable teethers?Did you see my blog post on these camera teethers? AMAZE!!

 Kiddos Wishlist Ages 3-5
Art Supplies-Seriously a no brainer. Paints, paint brushes, play dough, markers, colored pencils. We go through it like mad!! It's nice to have a new stash every few months. Especially during the winter!!!
Santa is bringing some Kinetic Sand and I'm excited to see how long it will keep them entertained!
New Movies! I love netflix but there are some movies we just have to have!! On our list now are Finding Dory & Inside Out.
Beados- Prob best for kids 5+. Wes will do them but it can be frustrating. You'll see what I mean.
I splurged & got my kids Magna Tiles in hopes they will build together for endless hours with no fighting. (Wishful thinking I'm sure). These are on my list too!! 
Board Games! We want Pie Face & Head Bandz. Already have and love, Don't Wake Daddy & The Squirrel Game.

Damon & I's wishlist has a cruise and a spa and a live in nanny on it. 
If I HAD to pick a thing it would be THIS backpack from Madewell. I love my Transport Tote but now that I need to be hands free at all times a backpack is this mama's bestie!!
I'm also addicted to the  Project Life scrapbook kits and would love this or this or this. If you know someone who loves to memory keep, you can't really go wrong here!!!
I have a hat addiction & have these in every color!!!!

Now I need to see your list for the adult male because my hubby is extremely difficult to buy for!!! I can't put a list for him up bc either I bought it for him or its too expensive. Example? He wants something like this. Seriously, what do you guys buy for your spouse/significant other?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...