Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Goldfish Minis. Literally

Aside from meal time, my seven month old twins Wyatt & Grayson don't get a ton of one on one time. They aren't sitting up or crawling yet so baby playtime mostly consists of fussy bouts of tummy time. Then I remembered Goldfish Swim School where my 3 & 5 year old take weekly swim lessons. Goldfish has Parent/Tot classes for babies as young as four months.  I recruited my friend Allison & we took the circus that is two babies, to a Sunday class. 
Wyatt is the baby crying in the pics but he actually loved swimming the most. The minute his chubby legs hit the water they started kicking away and never stopped. He was just fussy when he saw me get out of the pool to take pics. 
The goals of the Parent/Tot Classes include comfort in the water with optional underwater dips, conditioning to water on the face, tolerating tummy time. We even practiced skills my big kids do, like floating on their backs (assisted) and Superman Glides from parent to teacher.
I 
I found these little Target pineapple swim trunks at Goodwill for $2! Woot Woot!! Target donates a ton of it's left over seasonal things to Goodwill, so def check it out!!  I love the idea of the boys becoming comfortable in the water at such an early age.  Did you know that learning to swim at an early age reduces the chances of children developing fears? This in itself offers a life saving skill! Added bonus? The much needed one on one time with my twins. They are baby 3 and 4 so they don't get as much parent interaction as my older two. It's a race for survival at our house. With a scheduled swim lessons I'd have a slot to look forward to every week to bond with my guys!!! That's the most rewarding part for me!! Plus the water feels like a warm hot tub! Woot Woot!!!
This post is in partnership with Goldfish Swim School. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...