Monday, April 4, 2016

Meeting the Twins

I can't believe I made it to my scheduled c-section date. The babies were breech and traverse early on and just never moved.  Around 35 weeks I began having contractions that were about 6-8 minutes apart anytime I was up moving around.  I couldn't sleep at all and moved to the couch to find some relief. Most nites around 3am you could find me on the couch eating honey crisp apples and beef jerky. The babies were measuring around 7lbs each and i kept asking people, "does it really look like I have 14lbs of baby in here?" Apparently it did because Wyatt (Baby A) weighed 7lbs 1 oz and Grayson (Baby B) weighed 6lbs 10oz.  I stopped working completely the Wednesday before my surgery. Sunday was my birthday and I needed to head to Riverside to get some blood work done. I'd had a pain in my leg that I was worried about, so I stayed a few hours to make sure it wasn't a blood clot. It kind of ruined plans for my birthday brunch but it was worth the piece of mind. 

Monday morning we said goodbye to the big kids and headed to the hospital around 10am. It's a totally different experience not to be screaming, puking or cursing, but rather driving calmly! lol This is prob going to sound weird but I actually enjoyed the c-section experience. It was relatively painless and easy compared to my other births. The worst part is of course the spinal block. It feels like two giant wasp stings as they numb your back.The recovery has been harder only bc I'm so limited in what I can do for the big kids. It's almost been two weeks and I am feeling 90% myself. Our hospital stay at Riverside was perfect, the nurse were amazing. We stayed a full 4 days and pretended we were on a cruise, ordering room service and watching HG TV! I nursed all day long and then sent the twins to the nursery usually from about 1am-6am. It was our newborn bliss bubble, before coming home to the chaos of two little, bigs whose world was about to be rocked. It's been a beautiful chaos navigating life as a family of 6. I only hope we can slow it down and savor because I KNOW the first year will absolutely fly! Please time, be kind.

1 comments:

Girl About Columbus said...

Too beautiful for words, Liz!! Congratulations!!!!

Amanda
http://girlaboutcolumbus.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...