Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Thrifiting w @MaudieLloyd

Maudie & I met through ig & the #columbusblogggers. You can check out her awesome fashion blog here. This girl is fashion forward & totally adorable. She values high end, classic pieces but loves to add everyday, thrifty finds to her wardrobe. Since she comes from Cali originally she reached out and asked if I could show her some the best thrift stores in Columbus! I said yahoooo, let's go!!!
We started out at the Volunteers of America, 1824 W. Henderson Rd. This is a regular for me. The fact that I go here so often is probably why I like it so much. Being familiar with the layout of the store helps me dig for treasures faster. If I know I'm looking for flare leg denim, I can skip right to women's better denim. This allows me to spend time hunting for exactly what I want.

Tip #1. Thrift Often. I recommend hitting the same store/s at least once a week. This allows you to build familiarity with  the layout AND the staff. People will tell me they never find anything thrifting and in the same breath say they only go once very 6 months. NOT going to cut it.
Next we went across the street to Ohio Thrift, 1881 W. Henderson Rd. This was only my 2nd time at this store but it is quickly becoming one of my favs. They have a HUGE inventory & they organize by size and color. YAH!!! I found a TON of light weight sweaters!

Tip #2. Shop in AND out of season. Don't be afraid to dig for sweaters, pants & winter boots in June. Thrifting has become so popular, everyone is there right now looking for a tanks, shorts & swimsuits. I am not saying don't look, just don't be disappointed if its picked though!! I love finding sweaters for Fall, tucking them & finding them on that first cool day!!!
Tip #3. Don't forget consignment. I know that's not a tip about thrifting but it's important. Thrifting is addicting because ONCE IN WHILE you will hit the jack pot.  Not every time to do you find a gem to really enhance to your wardrobe. If you have a special event/occasion coming up soon you may want to hit a consignment shop first. In Cbus we have several Clothes Mentor locations. I guarantee you will find something you can't leave without, typically from an upscale retsiler like JCREW, Limited, Free People, Nordstrom etc. Almost all of my FAVORITE purses are from Clothes Mentor, at DEEPLY discounted prices.
Now go to Maudie's blog to check out her thrifting tips & sweet style!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all of these tips! I've always been such a huge fan of thrifting. All of my furniture was either thrifted, free or a hand-me-down. NEED to visit more thrift stores around Columbus ASAP.

xo,
Natalie | Natalie Was Here

Unknown said...

Love all of these tips! I've always been such a huge fan of thrifting. All of my furniture was either thrifted, free or a hand-me-down. NEED to visit more thrift stores around Columbus ASAP.

xo,
Natalie | Natalie Was Here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...