Monday, March 24, 2014

Vintage Aviation 1st Birthday

On Saturday we had Wesley's big first birthday bash. SO many of our friends & family came together to make it a perfect day!!!!! 75% of the fun for me is the party planning! I love creating the day! When Mia chose airplanes as the theme, I knew I wanted to add a vintage twist. I had a hard time finding actual plane/aviation stuff that was thrift store afforadble. I ended up relying heavily on maps ($7.99 local toy store), globes (3.99 Goodwill) & vintage books (4 for $1 Goodwill). The Happy Day banner is Oh Joy for Target. I got the idea for the gold & glittery colors & cake banner(cut from Baby Jives birthday post here. I find gold (plastic) champagne flutes at Party City & all of a sudden I felt very Gatsbyesque as I drank Damon's rum punch. The highlight for the kids was the cardboard plane Damon spent almost FOUR HOURS creating. He googled & used pinterest for the blue prints. Then he used my cricut to cut out stars. Pretty much Father of the Year status right there!!!!!  
Wesley, you are SO LOVED!!!  Forever & Ever my sunshine boy!
I'd seen a few of these cute head banners in blogland. It was super easy!! I ordered 5x7 BW prints from Shutterfly. The trick is to make sure they are cropped as close to the head as possible. Another tip, when you cut them out make sure you leave the ears attached! I used my cricut to cut the star toppers out, and I hand cut the hat & fringe. I taped the heads onto a twine string & mounted it onto a cork board.
Mia's first birthday HERE.
Wesley's Pants & suspenders: H&M Shirt: Target Bowtie: Old Navy 
I  had a hard time not ordering THIS...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...