Friday, May 19, 2017

Tis the Season for ....Survival?

Finally after 14 months things have come together enough where I feel semi confident taking all four kids out of the house!! In this season of hearts full, hands full I've found myself mildly insta blocked. In the past few weeks I've managed to get kids out for a library play date & to Piccadilly Play Cafe (which was amazing!) Photography is my most favorite hobby but I've barely taken any pics of ANYTHING lately. I'm literally too busy making sure everyone is alive and accounted for. The twins are literally crawling in two different directions & I'm praying I've equipped the big kids w enough knowledge to give a stranger my phone number if they wander off. Feels like the days are spent with Damon & I just keeping the boat barely a float.
The days fly by so fast sometimes I'm not even actually seeing my babies. Does that make sense? I'm keeping everything together but not really seeing their faces. Their personalities. Their sweet spirits. I wish someone  could follow us around with a camera so I could relive these days over and over again. Hopefully when I'm not so friggin exhausted. Survival mode is just one of the many seasons of parenthood that I know will one day soon be gone in a blink. I'll look back at the mom in the bleary haze struggling to be everything for everybody & I'll congratulate her for doing a damn good job!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...