Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Vertical Adventures

We have been a living a bit of Groundhog's Day over here lately. The monotony of working, parenting & the constant barrage of political unease has me all like "holy crap I need an escape!!" We are so lucky to live in CBUS!! It truly is an amazing city and has so many things right close to home that can make you feel like you've gone off the grid, even if it is for just a few hours!!!!
Vertical Adventures is a serious adrenaline boost just waiting for you!! VA is an indoor climbing facility that allows all ages (even little ones) and experience levels to come in and climb. Here are some FAQs. On Saturday morning Damon & I  took the 90 min Rope 101 class. We learned about the equipment,  how to secure ourselves to the (think lots of figure 8 knots) rope, and safely Belay each other.
We also used the auto Belayer (they have 5) if you don't have a partner or just don't want to learn to Belay. The auto was way scarier for me. I got to the top and realized no one was holding me. I had to just lean back, trust the rope & nothing else. I was almost frozen up there but Damon talked me down, reassuring that I could let go and the rope would do its job! I can't quite explain how refreshing it was to get out and do something totally out of our wheel house. For those couple hours we weren't the butt wipers or the unappreciated chefs. We were ourselves. Free to seek adventure and conquer the day instead of just surviving. The Rope 101 class includes a two week pass to return and climb as often as you like.Seriously put Vertical Adventures on your list to try out. You don't have to be have any experience climbing or be a super athlete. Just being an Adventurer Seeker will suffice!!!
This post is in partnership with Vertical Adventures.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...