Sunday, February 5, 2017

Goldfish Swim School Girl Power

The key to raising powerful, confident girls? Role models! To teach them to be fearless. To follow their dreams. To be themselvesA role model doesn't have to be a famous historical figure, an Olympic athlete or even a Disney princess. Mia has an AMAZING role model in her Goldfish Swim teacher, Miss Terryn.
 
I wanted Mia to get to know Miss Terryn a little better, so we worked together to come up with some interview questions. She had a blast hearing all about her special teacher's favorite things!! More importantly I hope she will be as inspired as I was by Miss Terryn chasing her dreams &  willingness to be herself. So without further ado,  meet Miss Terryn from Goldfish Swim School Westerville.
Mia/Mom: When you're not teaching at Goldfish what are you doing?
Miss:Terryn: When I'm not teaching I'm at school. I also play golf for my school, it's become one of my favorite things to do in my free time.

Mia/Mom:What do you want to be when you grow up? 
Miss Terryn: Right now I plan on becoming a biomedical engineer, I want to be able to change the world of medicine.

Mia/Mom: What is your favorite color? Food? Children's book?
Miss Terryn: My favorite color is purple. My favorite food is spaghetti, I order it at every restaurant! 
Dr. Seuss is my favorite author because I loved his rhymes as a child. So my favorite children's book is The Cat in the Hat.

Mia/Mom: Why do you love working at Goldfish Swim School?
Miss Terryn:  I love working at Goldfish because the kids are always so happy to learn which makes me excited to teach. I also really like seeing how much a swimmer has improved by the end of a lesson! It is a lovely environment with a lot of bright colors and even a theme of the month. My coworkers are friendly and always willing to help. It's an experience like no other!
Mia/Mom: What do you think is the most important skill kids learn at Goldfish?
Miss Terryn:  I think the most Important skills are our safety skills: treading and elementary backstroke (usually referred to as monkey, tree, banana). This is the practical side of taking swimming lessons, it can help in an emergency. I always make sure to explain to the swimmers what those skills are used for, just in case they ever have to use them. 
Mia/Mom: If you could swim to anyplace in the world where would you swim?
Miss Terryn: I'd swim to Iceland (even though it'd be chilly) because I have always wanted to see the northern lights. 
Mia/Mom: What is your FAVORITE movie?
Miss Terryn:  Definitely Finding Dory. I remember hearing it was going to be a movie in 2014 and when it came to the movie theatre I was ecstatic to finally see it. Needless to say I loved it!

Thank you Miss Terryn for teaching my girl to swim and so much more. To be her brave, confident, authentic self. You rock. GOLDFISH SWIM SCHOOL GIRL POWER!!!!!!

This post is in partnership with Goldfish Swim School.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...