Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wyatt & Grayson: 10 Months

STOPPPPPPPPPPPP the clock. The minutes, days, months. Just stop. When you have a baby, time begins to move at warp speed. When you have two babies (four total) time moves like Barry Allen (giant nerd alert). It's like  I took a portkey home from the hospital with my newborns to the place where they are chubby, smiling, trying to crawl ten month olds. It's not fair. I love them so. I get teary thinking life with four may be so chaotic I won't be able to remember them so small. Wyatt's throaty voice that never went back to normal after the croup. Or Grayson trying so hard to use that sweet pointer and thumb to grab a puff. So I cry and take millions of insta stories & pictures. Hopefully one day I can figure a good way to splice all those 10 second clips into something? For the record I miss those tiny, newborn bird legs so much.
Wyatt (Baby A) weighs 19lbs 3oz putting him in the 25%, while his head is in the 90%.  He has gone from rolling everywhere to worm crawling.  They've started fighting over toys and pulling each others hair, which for now makes us laugh. Both boys have the cutest fuzzy mohawk. but  Wyatt's is just long enough to tip to the right. I always think he looks like a little troll doll. Something to do with the way he sucks in his bottom lip. Gray looks more like a Cabbage Patch doll with those perfectly round cheeks and giant owl eyes. He weighs 18lbs 13oz and is also in the 25th% for height and weight with a giant noggin. He rolls to his belly and has just started pushing up to his knees.
We've had a little bit of a food allergy scare with Wyatt. I gave him scrambled eggs and after a few minutes he developed some red splotches around his lips & on his chin. I waited maybe ten days and tried again with the same result. Each time the hives faded ten minutes after and he seemed totally fine. I decided to hard boil the eggs and only give him the whites (which is dumb bc the white is apparently the highly allergic portion) and he ate eggs several ti,es with no splotches. So yesterday they were eating hard boiled eggs and Nana asked if I had given them peanut butter. I said no and with out a second thought gave them each a dollop from the jar. I waited about 5 minutes as the continued to much happily and I left for work.  Fast forward 15 minutes and she sends me these pics. I full fledged panicked and started Googling peanut allergies. The thought of a single food being able to literally kill your child is terrifying. Especially as you think about sending them out to school, play dates, cub scouts etc. The constant diligence needed to protect them is heart breaking and totally.
The boys had their  wellness check up today and I (tearily) asked the pediatrician if we could give the babies peanut butter in the office in case they had a sever reaction requiring an Epi pen. We did and....nothing. No hives at all. I thought maybe I didn't give him enough so I even gave him a little more. Nada. I have no clue? Can you get hives one day and nothing the next? Was it the eggs, the peanuts? So for now I feel a little relieved thinking he may just have a slight sensitivity but nothing severe? The next step is to have his blood drawn and then follow up with an allergist.

They are eating three meals/day usually some combo of yogurt, berries, turkey, tuna, avocado, banana, sweet potato etc.  Sleep wise we are pushing for 12-13 hours nite. They go to bed around 6:30 and we just stopped the 10pm bottle feeding this week. They've slept straight thru until 7am and gotten up fussing as early as 4:30am.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...