Monday, September 12, 2016

Tecumseh Land Trust

 Sunday adventures called for our first trip to see the sunflowers just outside of Yellow Springs. We were probably about a week late. Shocking, I know. They flowers were starting to sag and shrivel. I'm sure the storm last night didn't help. We still had a blast racing around the fields. My kids didn't even freak over the friendly pollinators that were on every flower. That is truly a miracle in itself, as yesterday while I was upstairs feeding the baby Wes ran into the house screaming that scream a mom recognizes as the "something is wrong,  call the ambulance scream." I raced down stairs, heart pounding expecting to find a compound fracture and instead Wes said, "We saw a stink bug." Are you freaking kidding me? They were seriously both in hysterics. SOOOOO the fact we made it through this day with no tears? Amazing!
Five minutes up the road from the sunflowers is Young's Dairy Farm aka toddler/little kid UTOPIA!! We are talking petting zoo, giant slides, tractors, unlimited bucket train rides, ice cream. There's even a giant corn kernel bin to play in. We had lunch at the restaurant and my veggie omelette was delish!!! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...