Monday, August 8, 2016

Goldfish Swim School

When Goldfish swim school contacted me to ask if I might be interested in putting the kids in swimming lessons. I honestly balked a little. Not because I didn't want the kiddos to learn to swim but because, HELLO we are so DANG BUSY!!!  I have four kids five & under, my husband works full time, I work three days/week, he's been picking up extra shifts, the kids have have lots of doctors appoints, Mia has dance class & wellll the list goes on!!!! In the end I couldn't say "No." My kids have limited experience in the water and are soooo timid I need them to become more strong and confident in the pool.
I'm pretty sure Goldfish realizes that 99.9%of families are just like mine. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. They've done so many things to make it easy and rewarding for you to bring the kiddos to swim lessons. First off the school itself is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously the outer viewing area looks like a cabana at a Sandals resort. If you want, you can walk the kids into class come back out, put your feet up and whip out your Kindle for the next 30 minutes. Only downside, you've got to bring your own smoothie! If you're worried about not being close to the kiddos in the outer viewing area don't be. Not only does Goldfish have the teachers in the water with only 4 students, there are also life guards posted all around the pool encouraging the students to keep their heads up so the guards can see their eyes! If you forgot your Kindle and want to be closer you can absolutely use the viewing area right next to the pool. Be warned it's extremely HOT in there!!! Your little kiddos certainly won't be cold in the water but parents may want to wear shorts!!
Scheduling the kids lessons took a few minutes because Mia & Wes are in different level classes but I wanted to get them in the water at the same time. The availability of classes changes frequently as students join the school or advance to a new level. This is a benefit to members because it allows your schedule to be flexible. During the summer, Tuesday's might be your best day. Then school starts and Saturdays may be better. You can change your schedule easily just by calling! I even had a hard time making the first class. I called and said I was running behind and the staff was able to bump me to the 6pm class so I was NOT late and flustered!! Let's be honest, I was still so flustered I forgot the kids towels. One of the guards let us borrow hers. There are suits, goggles & towels available for sale if you ever need them!
Wesley always wants to come to Mia's dance class. Honestly it's a big pain because I spend the whole time chasing him, attempting to keep him out of everything he isn't supposed to be touching or climbing. Goldfish recognizes siblings may not be swimming and need some entertainment. The have a whole area filled with toys, books and even a coloring station. Wes was instantly in heaven playing with his beloved tractors and Mia couldn't wait to color Bubbles the Goldfish!! Goldfish offers free family swim sessions at scheduled times, check with your locations for availability!  Don't reschedule your class just because you have another event the same day. Goldfish has showers and the cutest hair drying station so you can get ready for that birthday party or doctors appoint you have next on your To Do list!!!
Goldfish swim school offers lessons to kiddos 4 months-12 years.  For some serious cuteness check out Girl About Columbus' daughter Ava splashing at Goldfish a few months ago. It seriously makes me want to take the twins! So stinking adorable! They have two locations, Westerville &  Dublin. For more info on Goldfish check out their site here or follow them on Facebook or IG.

This post is in partnership with Goldfish Swim Schools.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...