Sunday, November 16, 2014

A NOLA Family Affair

I knew our trip to New Orleans was going to be too short. That we would only have 2 days to explore. What I wasn't counting on was a GIANT American Airlines fail. The 3 hour flight turned into a 12 hour ordeal complete with lost luggage. We should have landed in NOLA at 11am, instead we got in at 8pm, losing one of our days to explore.  On Friday we shook off the travel funk & spent 6 hours exploring my parents old French Quarter stomping grounds. We saw 727 Barracks where they first found out my mom was pregnant. It was magical to stand there looking into the court yard where she would run her hands along her belly dreaming of the life that was growing inside. Me. 
Then there's my dad's story. Less magical, more bad ass. A group of men with chains were attacking a man coming out of a nearby gay bar. My dad heard the shouts & they were directly under my parents balcony. he grabbed a sawed off shot gun pointed it over the balcony & told them he'd blow them to smithereens if they didn't get lost. Like I said, bad ass. 
We grabbed PoBoys from the Verdi Mart & had a bottle of wine in Jackson Square, where they used to let their Harelequin (B&W) Great Dane, Elsa run loose early in the mornings. W stopped for drinks at The Napoleon House. Mine? Pimms Ginger Julep. AMAZE!! Next we hopped the street car to tour through the beautiful Garden District passing through Tulane University.  That's all we managed in 6 hours but Damon promises we can go back!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...