Friday, September 19, 2014

Apple Picking & Thank You

I can't post this without mentioning we were supposed to pick apples last Sunday. I drove to Lynd's Fruit Farm planning to meet my husband just after work, around 3pm. He is a police officer. He never made it to the farm because he was dispatched to the body of a woman who had over dosed. The police are the first to care for your loved ones when they have left too soon or have no one else. They make arrangements for their children and their pets.   They help the coroner move and arrange the body for transport.   They leave their wife & babies waiting because they put the welfare of others before themselves. That's their oath.  He made it home 3 hours later.
Police in the news have been heavy on my heart. Four funerals this week, riots and lots of hate. It's really hard to see when I know the sacrifices my own policeman makes & will continue to make because he believes in his calling. Tomorrow is Thank A Police Officer Day. Please send some positive thoughts to our local law enforcement men & women. Most of them deserve it, I promise!!!!

1 comments:

delmarva said...

Great post and photos showing what's important in life. Much respect to you as the wife of an officer and yes, I will be thanking my local departments tomorrow! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...