Friday, November 1, 2013

Tricks, Treats & Traditions

I have no clue why, but having TWO kids makes dressing up for Halloween so much more fun. I didn't get all matchy matchy with them, but man, oh man, the joy it brings this mama to see my beautiful mermaid & that sly little fox side by side. Maybe next year I can get it together for an all family themed holiday:)  Knowing our neighborhood Trick or Treat was going to be rained out we took the kids to The Village, an Assisted Living Community I work with. The seniors LOVE passing out candy & seeing the costumes. Some of the Grandmas even held Wesley, who knows the last time they may have held a squishy baby!!!!
We also carved pumpkins w Mia for the 1st time this year. Sadly after hours of detailed carving (mostly by daddy) 2 of our 4 pumpkins were good for nothing but smashing. I think Damon actually did smashed his!!!!  I know it was a frustrating,  but Mia will look at these pics and remember the family traditions that her dad is so good at creating. Not the jack o' lantern whose teeth fell in or the owl with no head....
Mermaid Costume: Pottery Barn via Once Upon a Child Fox Costume: Old Navy

1 comments:

Christy said...

Those outfits are darling! You are so right about looking back at pictures & reminiscing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...