Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day to me...

It's Mother's Day & i am currently hiding in the basement. Specifically away from my daughter... Her top left fang tooth is coming in & this weekend has been filled with screaming, she's reached a new decibel level, back arching, tantrum throwing, joy. So like I said, I am down in the basement hiding.  It amazes me that someone who screams and thrashes and sometimes makes life so difficult can still capture my heart with just  one smile, one word.  The way she plays patty cake with her Gma. The way she says "Cook-EE. How she pats my shoulder when I'm holding hold her, reassuring me that despite her sad face & ear piercing screams, I am doing a good job. How her hair looks when she is standing in her crib waiting for me. It makes it all worth it. 

Happy Mother's Day.

Thanks Mom, for coming over & rescuing me w, Starbucks, chocolate covered strawberries & patty cake:) I needed you!
 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Growing teeth is hard. She's a lucky baby to have such a wonderful mama. :)

Mrs. B said...

That's quite a collection of crying baby pictures! I'm glad your mom was able to rescue you. Aren't mom's the best! (Hopefully one day Mia will see this and agree!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...