Sunday, September 3, 2017

August Roundup

1. Mia started First Grade. She totally nailed the 1st day of school! Her first time riding the bus & she hopped on like it was nothing! She ate her packed lunch in the "capateria" which was a dream come true! The next day was even better bc she got to buy😂❤️
 I on the other hand was a neurotic person! I drove to her school right after she got on the bus to see her walk in & make sure she got there okay. I waited about 10 minutes, went inside to make sure I had missed the bus and they said "no the bus hasn't come yet, but we're aware they're not here." I told the ladies at the desk, "I'll be sitting out front waiting!". I sat on the curb and must have looked like a vagabond bc these cute grandparents drive up in a minivan & ask me if I need a ride bc they thought my car had broken down 😂😂😂 Keep in mind school started at 9:15. By 9:45 I go back in and the ladies at the front desk say, "oh all the buses are here." I said, "well that's funny because I've been sitting out front 🤦🏼‍♀️ They said, "Oh honey the buses arrive in the back!" I'm like great, could you have told me that before I sat out front looking like an escapee from the mental ward? #happy1stdayofschool #imthatmom

2. I hadn't read a book since the twins were born despite the fact we go to the library like every weekend. Not sure what happened but I tore it up this month and read a bunch!! I would highly recommend all 3 of these!!  We also watched the most recent  Game of Thrones which has been SOOOOO good. Pretty sure I'm going to be depressed when the series ends.
3. We took the big kids tent camping in Wayne National Forest. It was a ton of work for just one nite but we had an absolute blast! We stayed at Iron Ridge Campground #19.  I would totally snag this spot again. The next morning we spent kayaking on Lake Vesuvius. So happy to have checked this off our Summer Live List!!! I have a more to share about our adventure but I recently became a collaborator for the Columbus Moms Blog. I've got longer posts with tons more pics I'll be sharing over there!
 4. Wyatt & Grayson turned 17 months.  The theme of the month "So Much Screaming." Wyatt gives the most amazing hugs & is my adventurer. He loves to dance. He refuses to eat meat & just throws it on the floor if I attempt to give him any. He has been biting his brother to the point of leaving teeth marks although yesterday he tried to pin him down and possibly give him a hug. Grayson still loves to look at books esp Brown Bear, Brown Bear 🐻 He puts random toys up to his ear and says hello, hello? He'll eat anything we give him but loves to ask for "cookie," which is actually a Live G Free bar (treenut/peanut safe) from Aldi. They aren't walking quite yet but love to "go, go" with push toys or in the stroller. We've been taking walks almost every day to help w the witching times. Can't say witching hour bc there are multiple times/day where the only thing to do is get out of the house. Not an easy feat w a 6y/o, 4y/o and two 17 months olds.
5. We made it to COSI for Farm Days. The kids loved the giant tractors and we also had a blast exploring kid space. The have the cutest farmer's market play area, a chemistry lab & of course the water area for babies. Bring a change of clothes for sure. Wyatt had tons of fun splashing around (Gray screamed and had to be held) but ended up with some weird rash for ten days after.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...