Thursday, April 6, 2017

It Takes Two First Birthday

We canceled Thanksgiving during a bad bout of mastitis, had kids puking on Christmas day, so it was no surprise the twins had horrible colds the week leading up to their 1st birthday party. By some miracle the non stop screaming & snotty noses cleared and the party was on!!! When I  told Damon  I wanted to do an It Takes Two theme he said, Oh like Noah's Ark?' I was actually thinking more along the lines of Snoop Dog & Dr. Dre. We each picked our favorite duo & my BFF Brandi made us custom t-shirts to wear at the party. I chose John Lennon & Paul McCartney, Damon chose Kirk & Spock, Wesley, Batman & Robin and Mia, Mickey & Minnie. The twins wore the Best Friends shirts from Indie Nook.
When it was time for the smash cakes Wyatt had everyone laughing because he went crazy on his cake, eating it by the handful. He eventually picked it up with two hands. Like mother, like son. Grayson wasn't super interested. I think he was still feeling a bit under the weather.  Uncle Tony brought the traditional Mrs. Goodman's cake& I made the twins little cakes from a box after trying to research peanut free options. Honestly, I was pretty anxious the whole time they were eating it!!! We ate tacos & played with friends. All the kiddos loved snuggling with all their Grandma's. How lucky are they to have 3?

 
A few days ago I was scrolling through ig & came across a story. A mama was walking through a store with her 2 year old. An older woman approached & engaged the little boy. She looked at the mama who also happened to be pregnant & said I have a son who is 20. If I could go back in time for only one moment I would go back to hold & rock my boy when he was just 6 months just one more time. the sentiment gives me such a lump in my throat. I've said it before, time is a gift but also the most cunning of thieves. Happy Birthday Wyatt & Grayson, I want to squeeze you forever!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...