Sunday, August 17, 2014

Peach Strawberry Basil Smoothie

I had been looking forward to the Food Truck Festival forever. Sooooo inevitably my kid gets sick, right? Like seriously, up all nite with croup sick. I do not recommend!!  If I had made it to the festival I would have been looking for a smoothie truck. Perhaps there would have been a Peach Strawberry Basil smoothie?  Here is my version, Wesley & mama tested & approved!
2 ripe peaches
6 strawberries
1 large basil leaf
2 Tbs Cream of Coconut ( I use Goya found in the Thai section at Gian Eagle)
1 c water
10 ice cubes
Blend
We use the Nutribullet & are obsessed at the EASY clean up!!!!!!!
While I was pretending to be at the Food Truck Festival I may have also eaten a whole pizza, a giant ice cream sundae & a root beer float. Hopefully I can roll myself to the gym on Monday!!!

Lately to curb my chocolate cravings (when I'm not pretending to be at the Food Truck Festival) I make this amazing Chocolate Banana Almond Butter Smoothie.
1 Frozen Banana
1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbs Almond Butter (I want to try Justin's maple Almond but its like $13 a jar)
2 Tbs Cream of Coconut (Doesn't make it coconutty, just adds sweetness)
1 c unsweetened coconut milk
10 ice cubes
Blend

Here's Mia's carrot mango smoothie too!
SO DELICIOUS!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...