Saturday, April 12, 2014

Showing Up

I'm kind of obsessed w our new family pics from Ashley West Photography. Okay, A LOT obsessed. Wesley is one & Mia is three in six days. How is this possible?? If my hair looks a little crazy, blame the 30mph wind guests! Perfect day for pictures, no? We started at the library, one of our most favorite spots. Look at Wesley's hand holding the book. OMG
Lately I've been hearing the importance of knowing each member of your family's love language. I love this idea & while the kids are too small, Damon & I both took the quiz.  I show love with lots of physical affection, he shows his through acts of service. Marine + Police Officer =Acts of Service.  Not a shocker. I could have guessed this, but going through the test & reading a little about the concept just helps me appreciate my amazing husband even more. 
Damon HATES having his picture taken. I'm pretty sure he would rather have a root canal or possibly strep throat. He married a picture obsessed, photographer wannabe. YIKES. Since we just got some family photos last October, I mentioned to him he could skip these if he wanted.  I pulled up to the library by myself (my mom came to help baby wrangle) & I missed him. About 45 minutes in to the  session he pulls up. Ashley said, Did he come to be your knight in shining armor?" He did, he does, always. We got family pictures. My favorites yet. The way Mia is squeezing him, I'll cherish that picture forever. Sometimes the very best love language is just showing up. I love you Damon!  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...