Friday, December 6, 2013

Timbuk Tree Farm

My favorite teacher ever was Mrs. Sharitts. I had her for the 3rd & 4th grade. She encouraged my love of writing horse stories  & sent me to the Young Author's Conference. She loved Christmas & each year gave all her students hand painted ornaments. Over 20 years later I found her and we had lunch around the holidays. She told me that her family always loved Timbuk Tree Farm in Granville. When Damon & I 1st started dating we went to Timbuk. Yesterday we took both babies & hopefully started a new family tradition. The farm has so many acres of trees that they use an old school bus to transport you to your tree type of choice. Mia was in heaven riding the bus. On  the weekends Mr. & Mrs. Claus are there for pictures.  The farm closes at 5pm & we arrived at 4pm. Shocking right?  We still had a blast & found a gorgeous tree:)  Thanks Mrs. Sharitts, I'll remember you forever!
Ignore my crazy hair. We had the bus drop us off at the wrong trees. I had to sprint (well maybe jog) a mile carrying my very non agreeable toddler so Damon could find the perfect tree.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...