Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Green Jeans & Green Drinks

I have a confession. I like the band wagon. I'm slooooow to jump on but, I admit it. I like it up there!!  Two trends I crave right this minute are, YuMMy Green Drinks ANNNND, drum roll, no eye roll , please, COLORED JEANS. Yes they were super popular in 8th grade & NO i didn't have a pair. The closest I came was a pair of white Levis. Yet, the attraction has always been there. TRUE STORY, I saw a girl wearing green jeans in my 9th grade Algebra class & immediately knew I wanted to be be her friend. Fast forward 17 years later I can promise you she will not be jumping on the colored jean band wagon BUT I hope she gets a little nolstagic as I bust out my new pink bisou bisous, a sweet $4 thrift store find!!! Love you Ber Ber.

Ok, back to the Green Drinks.  Red Velvet cupcakes are my current obsession so this recipe from THE DIVA DISH (who I LOVE) looks super yummy. She has an AWESOME post on Green Drinks here!!
        Red Velvet Smoothie
1 C. non dairy milk
1 medium beet peeled, steamed, and chopped
1/3 c. frozen raspberries, cherries, or strawberries
1 frozen banana
4 TB. cocoa powder
4 pitted dates
1 TB. chia seeds
2 tsp. sweetener of choice
1 tsp. vanilla
I was also browsing super KI scrapbooker Jaime Waters & she posted this recipe, from here.  Sounds tasty.        

2 comments:

Ninjamonky said...

Love you too! Green jeans for life :)

Mrs. B said...

Super cute! We're going to try to make baby popsicles for Saturday. I can't wait!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...